Monday 21 April 2008

Diary: 20th April, 2008

Started building in my sim, which I have named 'Anubia'. As there are no stores the buildings, textures, scripts etc all have the be created by hand, from scratch, NOT for the faint-hearted!

IlsaRose, Abby and Melinda came by later to have a look around, and I noticed that two of them had this chequerboard look all over their clothes and bodies (the equivalent of the Sl 'Missing' texture?). One of them went normal during the stay, the other did not. Two of my guests crashed during a 30 minute visit, and I froze twice, then the server crashed and we all had to relog after I restarted the server.

I also noticed that the basic body, skin, eyes, hair, and clothes that I created and wear do not persist from one login to another, and each time I log in I have to drag them all from inventory onto myself.

I also noticed that in my RealXtend viewer it is always midnight when I log in, while my four guests, all using the SL viewer, all arrive with it being noon for them.

Before I get any further with my building, I will backup my bin folder. I will then create a fresh copy of the bin folder and copy across the databases from my backup and see if all my inventory is restored. I am a little worried about what will happen to my inventory after I download a new release of OpenSim and install it. Is it really simply a matter of copying the *.db files from the previous version to the new bin folder?? We will see.

Rock