Monday 27 October 2008

Diary: 27th October 2008

Something Strange with DynDNS?
I went to log into my sims but I got the error message from Hippo saying that the name anubia.servegame.org could not be resolved?? I then tried to ping it, but got no response. I then pinged the IP address that anubia resolves to, and that pinged ok. I then went to the DynDNS website, went into my account, checked my hosts, and anubia was there. I then tried to ping it again, and this time I got a response, and was able then to log in.

Two hours later, I tried to log in once more, and the same problem, and again it just fixed itself after visiting the DynDNS website. A real puzzler.

Second Inventory is down again
For the second time in a month, the Second Inventory server and website are down.

www.secondinventory.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

:(


Rock